Monday, October 27, 2014

Sick Baby

So, our weekend started at 5:35pm on Thursday. I picked my little sugar butt up from his grandma's house & when I got there he was BURNING UP! I got him home and the poor little thing had a 103.4 degree temp! I panicked - just as any mom would.. gave him tylenol, stripped him down, and Sidney gave him a luke warm bath. Now, if you knew Aiden, you would know something was terribly wrong. He wasn't smiling or running around. All he wanted to do was whine and for me or Sidney to hold him and bounce him around. It.was.so.sad. Friday morning, he woke up with a low grade fever that lingered until Saturday. His cough returned on Friday, along with his snotty nose. :( I didn't go to the office that day. Instead, I stayed home and tried to suffer through it with him. Saturday, we woke up and tried to go to brunch with one of my good friends - but he wasn't having it. [insert crying face emoji 10x's here] During one of his tantrums - he flung his head back screaming and this mommy noticed 2 molars! Welp, that explains a lot!!! poor baby. i hate it.

These are a few items that got us through the weekend. The Zarbees brand cough/mucus medicines have really impressed me.. and I've always been a fan of the Walgreens brand for fevers & aches. Aiden LOVES when I put fruit in his teething net - it is delicious - and it soothes the gums. He also developed a new found love for dum dums & milk chocolate. I just couldn't bring myself to tell him "no," at all.

 
 
We did however, try the Pumpkin Patch but it was not a success for baby Aiden. We went to Flamingo Road Nursery like last year. His brother, Nicky had a blast though! There was face painting, a hay ride, animals/zoo, a bounce house, bubble table set-up, pumpkin painting, & FOOD!I managed to snap a picture during the hay ride - neither of them look very enthused. I had fun though!
 
 
 
 
The bounce house is the only thing Aiden enjoyed. Bad idea to try that first - it was a mission to get him out of it. This is the best picture I could get of the boys:
 
 
 
 
Boy do these two love each other.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Finding out that Aiden was suffering from a 103.4 degree fever while you were away from him can really be alarming. I’m glad you quickly took action by staying with him and giving him medicine. In any case, I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to your family!

    Angela Gibbs @ MedCare Pediatric

    ReplyDelete