Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Normal Mom versus Boca Mom

So, Sidney and I bit the bullet and bought Aiden's big boy car seat. He's a little guy so we were able to keep him in the infant seat for a while. Don't be fooled by his fro- it gives him a few inches. Anyway, I wanted to stay with the Britax brand because, well, I love it. I wanted the Britax Marathon BUT hello! I wasn't trying to spend a small fortune of $400+ - so we went with the Britax Roundabout. Equally as safe but half of the money! I am obsessed with it. I really feel like I bought a new pair of shoes or something for myself. Except, It's a car seat. #mommylife




 I didn't realize how stressful it was - researching and purchasing a good quality car seat. I feel like social media puts a certain amount of pressure on the middle class parents. Probably moreso the mommys - since the fathers could care less. Seriously though, I am guilty myself. I am a brat when it comes to my kid. I am part of this well known "mama group" on facebook that it is filled with these "Boca Moms" that are just so uppity. It makes me feel guilty that I don't have 6 strollers and 3 play rooms for my son.

When my bank account brings me back down to the REAL world - I realize the entire show that these mommies are putting on - is a crock of shit. For example, one of the moms posted a question and had to add that she drove a brand new BMW. I was surprised at the amount of comments coming from other moms who had to one up her? The question had nothing to do with the type of vehicle she chooses to put her ass in and drive her baby to her mommy and me class twice a week. Oh please!!!!

I'm starting to sound like a hater - I just wanted to poke fun at these ridiculous women on this "mama group".

No comments:

Post a Comment