Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mind Your Own Business



Two of my closest friends were married in May. They got married in Malibu, CA because CA recognizes same-sex marriage. Today, their relationship was finally recognized by the City they reside in. This is FABULOUS news because they are also expecting- and insurance is absolutely necessary. Gay Rights, what a beautiful & controversial topic to begin with.

I am an AVID gay rights supporter; and will put up the best argument/statement to anyone who questions my beliefs. Marriage is such huge commitment, and unless someone is paying your bills, you should be able to marry whoever you want. We should be able to live our own lives and we should always strive to support the next person's well being. I have a problem with anyone who passes judgement on another individual's actions and decisions; and if that makes me a hyprcrite, then so be it. It is no one else's right to condemn or judge you based on your core values & beliefs. Unless of course, it is hurtful to another living being. This goes for anything: religion, profession, relationships, etc. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but one should never vocalize potentially harmful thoughts & feelings. Be proud of your own decisions and actions, but let others be who they want to be. If you love Jesus, then my goodness, tell the world! But you should be able to tell that SAME WORLD you love your significant other, too.

 My ONLY argument to anyone who calls homosexuality a "lifestyle," or a "choice" is, "WHY WOULD ANYONE CHOOSE TO BE "DIFFERENT"? Don't get me wrong, being different is a beautiful thing, but why would someone just wake up one morning and say, "mhm, lets like the same sex today." It doesn't make any sense to me. I view homosexuality/Bisexuality the exact same way I view an eye color or a foot size. Love is Love, man. That's it.


 
 
[photo via: Oreo]

2014 has been the most successful year for LGBT Rights and that to me, is just amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for your friends! I look forward to this subject being nonexistent and just everyday normal. It is just common sense to me: mind your own business and let others live their life.

    ReplyDelete