Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas List

Sidney asked me what I wanted for Christmas and obvi, I told him a ring and a boob job. Welp! Apparently, those aren't Christmas presents-- so I'll just have to come up with something else. Lately, I've been obsessed with makeup and hair, so I'll probably just ask him to make me pretty for Christmas.



 Seriously though, I really don't need anything... after you have children the magic is buying gifts for them. It's really wild how quickly you change once you become a parent. Wonderful, but wild. 
We put the tree up last weekend and it only lasted about 20 minutes... Aiden completely wiped out the bottom 2 feet of the tree. Lights, ornaments, and all! I knew better... I was just hoping for the best. lol.

Growing up, we always opened one gift Christmas Eve, and then the rest the next day. Santa came in the middle of night and left opened presents stacked up by the tree. We always knew that the wrapped presents were clothes from mom and dad-  and the toys, electronics, etc. were from Santa. On the other hand, Sidney has always opened all of his gifts on Christmas Eve - even the ones from Santa were wrapped and already delivered. The battle of the cultures is among us. ;) I find it soo interesting how different cultures celebrate the holidays. Most of my friends are hispanic and they all have a wonderful dinner and open all of their gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve - AKA Noche Buena. Last year, I made lasagna and we opened one present on Chistmas Eve (Sidney opened all of his). On Christmas day, we waited for Nicky, and let the boys open all of their presents from us and Santa. I made a huge brunch and we had friends and family over that afternoon. This year, I want Santa to come and leave the boys gifts unwrapped - because I think it's more fun that way. Gah, I'm so excited.

youniqueproducts.com/devinhigginbotham

No comments:

Post a Comment