Saturday, January 24, 2015

Own it, baby!

SO while frantically trying to make several appointments the day of an event seems completely do-able, it's just so silly to think about WHY we do these things to ourselves. With self tanner on my face & Saran Wrap around my waist - Aiden asks me for, "more". More what? I ask myself. Focusing so much on what vanity procedures I had left to do before the big family event - I wasn't paying attention to my little one at all. I stopped - cancelled everything and just sat with him for two hours. Listening to his baby jumble and laughs. It really is so amazing to stop and really be in the moment (obviously). We all get sidetracked with work, hobbies, & earning money in different ways. Hell, I basically have 3 jobs, a blog, and I own 2 businesses. Sure, bringing in income & keeping up an appearance is absolutely necessary; but we MUST stop to really enjoy the people we love especially your significant other (love you baby) and your little ones. My kids are sooo intelligent & creative. I am so proud. I'm sure many of you can relate - venting and taking responsibility are both absolutely necessary in growing as a parent and moving forward. P.S. don't worry, I'll still show up lookin' fab tonight.

Cheers!


3 comments: